Running in Eclipse
The java examples can be run in the Eclipse IDE as follows. If you have not yet built the project in Eclipse, please do so now.
- Preamble: Before running the examples, you will need to ensure that:
- Paths in src/com/franz/ag/examples/AGPaths.java have been properly configured for your system. The defaults may suffice for running in Eclipse, but if you encounter problems, verify these paths.
- You have started an appropriate AllegroGraph server. The default server suffices for most of the examples, but a few of them require that a server be started listening on a non-default port 4126.
- The console view is available in Eclipse. Example outputs are displayed in the console. If you do not see a console view in Eclipse, you can enable it by selecting the menu item
- Choose an example in the src folder and open it. A simple example to start with is AGConnecting.java. In all cases you should read the source code to learn what the example is doing before running it.
- The first time you Run (or Debug) an example you will need to set up a new launch configuration for it in
Run->Open Run Dialog .... Most of the examples run with no arguments. You can specify any required arguments in this dialog.